The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Albany, New York
We’re looking for talented World Designers to create cutting edge experiences in the Destiny universe. If you’re interested in jumping in and working with some of the most talented developers in the industry, apply today!
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Be a member of a team of designers building compelling worlds and encounters
- Work with the Lead World Designer and Design Lead on level design layout, scripting events, tuning AI encounters, 2D design documentation, and all things gameplay-related
- Work alongside other designers, artists, animators, and engineers to create environments that are incredibly fun, look great and run well
- Work within established level design metrics and utilize the game systems to create challenging AI encounters, interesting puzzle scenarios, and unique moments
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a designer, having been through multiple complete game ship cycles
- Previous experience working on levels, combat encounters, and missions/quests in action titles
- Strong spatial and layout design skills
- Intuitive understanding of how action games work and why people play them
- Solid understanding of game engines, technology, and the game development process
- Familiarity with 3D level design tools (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, or similar 3D editor)
- Passion for cross-collaboration with designers, artists, animators, programmers, audio designers, testers, and producers to achieve a common goal
- Excellent organization, negotiation, and communication skills
In 2016, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 25th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last, and now we are embarking on a brand new chapter.
We are currently partnering with Bungie to further expand the award-winning Destiny universe.
Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products – from Skylanders to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 to our recent contributions to this year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. We apply the same dedication to excellence to every video game franchise we’ve worked on over the years and we are bringing that same philosophy to the Destiny franchise.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Our studio is located in Albany, NY, a thriving northeastern city with an abundance of professional theatre, music, dance, and sports attractions, as well as a backyard full of recreational activities. (That’s a metaphorical backyard. The studio’s backyard has a patio and grill though…with seasonal awning.) And for those looking for more adventures, we’re located less than three hours from NYC, Boston, and Montreal!
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what’s out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra’s Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Source: Gamasutra 2